- Cardiovascular diseases and diabetes risks are known to be decreased in the people who are taking whole grains in their daily diet. In U.S very few people are taking whole grains.
- 100gms of whole grains contain proteins equivalent to proteins present in 250gms of red meat. In 2010 U.S people take only 24g of whole grains which is equal to one whole grain bread slice.
- By taking other food material instead of whole
grains may increase incidence of cardiovascular risks.
Properties of whole grains:
- Whole grains like wheat, corn, rye, oats and brown rice as well as barley, bulger, buckwheat, popcorn, amaranth and as well as added bran or germ having beneficial effect as its glycemic properties and nutrient contents are different from other food material.
- The blood glucose and insulin levels are less likely changed with whole grains unlike to refined grains. So, the cardiovascular and diabetic risks are decreases.
How to take whole grains in daily food:
- Take whole grains instead of snacks at evening times in the form of sprouts.
- Take roti (chapatti) of whole grains instead of wheat roti.
- Take whole grain bread instead of milk bread.
- Use rice
bran oil in cooking instead of other edible oils.
Whole grain food
Beneficial nutrients present in Whole grains:
- Phenolic acid and
Amazing facts of Whole grains:
- Properties of Whole grains decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Decreases the risk of Diabetes.
- Maintain Blood glucose levels within limits in diabetic patients.
- Maintain cholesterol levels in obese patients.
- Give more fiber to the body.
- Cardiovascular risk is decreased by 9% with whole grains.
- Mortality was decreased by 5% with whole grains.
- The cancer risk is unchanged with Whole grains.